Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Arcs, Curves & Points

 This is a panel by Angela Walters of Quilting is My Therapy.  The border is also printed like a panel, you cut apart and sew it to the center. She does a free quilt challenge twice a year.  She designs a panel around her lessons and teaches free motion and ruler quilting designs.

This challenge is titled Arcs, Curves & Points.  I assembled the border and pin basted in December 2025 in order to be ready for Angela's class in January.  Of course,  I    NEVER   manage to get to the challenge when she first releases the videos.  I pushed thru my quilting on this now because I needed to clear the decks for 2 other large quilting projects.

I am not fond of this panel because it is too much dark.  I will not hesitate to give it away.  So in the larger open background areas I just stippled around the other motifs to get it done and off my list.  I quilted it on my Janome sit-down with glide threads. It has 80/20 batting and Queens Garden Royal Blue backing.  It finished at 66 x 76 . 


I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Wishing you a happy and creative week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Kat - you may not love it, but you certainly did a beautiful job on it! I think Angela Walter’s is a great FMQ teacher. But she talks so fast that I slow her videos down to 90% speed so I can take it in more fully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! I love the panel. You did a beautiful job quilting it too. Just wow! You should keep this one Kat. You put a lot of work into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how opinions and tastes vary?!? I think it is a lovely quilt and panels are always a great way to practice FMQ. Whoever is on the receiving end will be blessed! Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting panel - especially the border! Your quilting looks amazing to me. Sometimes you just have to power through and get it done, and you did it! Someone is going to love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job FMQing that on your sit down machine, Kat. Awesome! I didn't buy the panel but glad to have Angela's ongoing lessons. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if you don't like the colors that much, you did a fabulous quilting job, Kat! I have to agree with you; it looks a bit too dark to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty panel! Love the quilting you did on it. This will make a great gift. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/24/wednesday-wait-loss-499

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!