Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2026

RSC September - Granny Squares in Purples

 This is all I've got to show for progress this week. I've been on the run every day.  It's not my favorite way to spend retirement.  Next week is not looking much better.  It's not as enjoyable to spend stolen moments in your sewing studio.

So, I got a couple hours of machine quilting time on the oversize Vintage Queen.  These 2 lovely granny squares made with purples were created over 3 days time.  I do think these are my favorites of the batch so far.  I have 9 granny square blocks made now.  I don't enjoy making these BUT I do think I should make 3 more - which may round out 12 blocks for a nice quilt.


Here is the rest of the collection so far .....





What color/s should my last 3 blocks be ???

I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Wishing you a happy and creative week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.







9 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks so far; how about in the teal/green spectrum? Hope your days quiet down so you can get back to your sewing more often hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your granny blocks, Kat!! How about some green?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Granny Square blocks are awesome. You've made good use of the time you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have those blocks that we think are going to be fun to make, but it turns out we don't enjoy them after all. I think your Granny blocks look great! Like some of your other commenters have said - how about some green ones to finish up the rainbow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these grannies & I vote for some aqua blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days are like that; no time in the sewing room. Your Granny blocks are beautiful, Kat. Maybe add green, teal, aqua? Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful. I can't help but agree with the general consensus: some green would be a nice addition ;) Thank you for sharing and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Granny Squares!!! It will be a great quilt when done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these. The purple are my favorite! I hope you have more time to sew this week than you expected. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!