Saturday, September 10, 2011

Little Dresses for Haiti

Today I've been working on more dresses for Haiti children. I set a personal goal to reach 50 dresses.  The deadline is early October, so I have made my deadline for September, specifically by end of next week!  LOL

I am  working from yardage now. I  have 8 dresses ready for the neck and armhole treatments. I used some decorative stitches along the hemline. I hope to have pictures to post tomorrow. I believe there will be a few more pillowcases brought in for me to pick up at church tomorrow.

Tally.........I have finished 23 pillowcase dresses so far. I have 5 pillowcases waiting to be made into dresses, I have 8 dresses waiting to be finished. I wonder how many I'll get to pick up tomorrow?  :D There is alot of bias tape to be made!

There will be a special service at church tomorrow, in remembrance of the 10 year anniversary of 9-11.  How somber that will be.  We look to God and Jesus for our comfort and peace.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any photos of the dresses? You'll have to take a group photo of the whole pile. What a big task to do 50 dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!