Monday, October 7, 2024

Holly Jolly Weeks 3& 4 and Star of Wonder

 I have been drawn to Fat Quarter Shop lately and their temptations with stitch alongs and precuts.  I wasn't interested in precuts in the past but this quilt along has demonstrated how easy it is to work with 5 & 10 inch units plus the variety of prints in a collection is always fun.

This past week I stitched up week 3 and 4 of  Holly Jolly Christmas. 


I also quilted up my Star of Wonder topper.  It measures 48 inches point to point.  I used fleece on the back. I thought of doing a free motion loops and snowflakes but it wasnt happy being moved about in all those directions and not stitching nicely, so I ended up using the walking foot.  I would have done better quilting it on my sit down machine but there is a queen size project tying up that area right now.


I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué        

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Have a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Your Star of Wonder project is -- um -- wonderful! At first I thought it would be a table topper but maybe not at 48". Wall hanging? Lap quilt? Just curious as to how you will be using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I like your new blocks!! so pretty!
    your star of wonder is amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!