Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Quilts 4 Kids - #4


I had this fleece camouflage backing and needed to come up with a quilt top that would work with the color scheme.  This is the 2nd quilt 4 kids finished this month. It finished at 44 x 56.   So far I have been able to keep up with my personal goal of 2 per month..  I hope some child will like the colors in this one.

Q4K # 19-4



and here is the backing



The quilting is a bit of an experiment, trying to make clamshells or baptist fans, but with the design flowing straight up, instead of side to side.  I ended up with too large of a center open area  when alternating the fans. I am still determined to conquer the design element, so will be doing more drawing on paper first.

I'm linking  up with Connie of Freemotion By The River today and Wednesday with Susan at Quilt Fabrication, Esthers Quilt Blog  and  Jennifer at the Inquiring Quilter.   Be sure to visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing today.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect quilt for a little boy! The fleece will make it so snuggly. And I really like your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! I think this quilt will be perfect for a boy, as Bobbi mentioned. I am a huge fan of the clam shells or Baptist fans pattern. I have been wanting to quilt the design but want to do it continuously for the most part. Do you find you can do that without a lot of back tracking or breaking your thread? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. An interesting pattern. I'm saving it for a child's lap quilt next time I have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in your quilt are so warm and inviting. I'd love to snuggle under it and watch a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two charity quilts a month is an awesome goal! The need is so great, especially for quilts boys might like. But you've hit it out of the ball park with this one! Lovely color combo and that fleece is perfect for snuggling. It says "Someone loves you and is sending you lots of hugs." Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!