Wednesday, July 31, 2019

365 Day Quilt Along - Project 1

This project was started June 1st.  It is a new, daily quilt along of  ruler quilting a block a day with Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt.com.  She is sharing a new design, everyday,  for a full year !  How special is that ?!   You will find her here ………………



Instagram:   #letsstitchwithnatalia
@natalia bonner


I'm still discovering my way around Instagram and it's a slow process for me.

So ………..  the first finish up is what I call Project 1,  56 blocks each with a different fmq ruler design.  What great fun I had, obviously.   I quilted the blocks in batches of once or twice a week, so I could work on "too many"   other projects in between.



and here is the view from the back.  I   ALWAYS   look at the backside



It still needs to go into the washer to make it more cuddly.  In the meantime,  I'm joining these great linky parties today.   Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing today.





Have a great day.  Thanks so much for stopping by !

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! What a clever idea, and I just adore it. I wish you had shared closer shots of your quilting blocks. I'm not sure I could have come up with 56 different ideas to quilt them all differently. I'm 100% sure I couldn't in fact. Love how this turned out, and your quilt holder is doing a fabulous job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a panel? Where can I purchase those colors? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I had no way to reply to you personally. I used an ombre panel I got from my LQS, actually, I think it was 1 yard of 3 different ombres. I have a 2nd top waiting to quilt in this same way with new block designs shared by Natalia Bonner.

      Delete
  3. I love how your blocks turned out. I have been following along but just couldn't participate this time around. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. Quilting looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quilt and quilting Kat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this hop until now but wow what a great idea! I'm off to go check it out. Thanks so much for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful. Now I'm inspired to go practice my ruler work! I love the idea of trying something new in each block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!