Monday, October 7, 2019

Dresden Garden

It's been a long road.  I can finally share the Dresden Garden quilt.   It was replicated from a photo of a similar quilt.  That quilt had an ombre fabric backing, so I suspected it was no larger than 40 inches square.  My Dresden Garden quilt needed to fit nicely on a queen size bed.

It was started June 2018.  It is now finished.  It measures 92 by 106.  The background was created with 10 different shades of batiks to resemble the ombre effect.  It was quilted with Hobbs 80/20 batting.  The appliques were all individually quilted,  then stitched onto the background layer.  The dresdens all have jumbo white ric rac stitched around the center and the outer layers.    I had prepared a white picket fence to put on the bottom edge,  but ran out of room to place it.  This was a huge endeavor for me.  I quilted it on my Artistic Quilter 16 hand-guided,  sit-down machine.






.I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.
                               Monday    -    Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
                   
                      Wednesday       -     Quilt Fabrication

                                                     The Inquiring Quilter

                                                    Esthers Quilt Blog

                          Friday       -      Alycia's Quilt Blog


Have a wonderful week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

21 comments:

  1. Very colorful! Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hard work sure paid off! This quilt is gorgeous! I love how you used the batiks to give it the ombre effect. It sure would put a smile on my face waking up with this quilt every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty--you did a lovely job and the colors are wonderful
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Kat, beautiful> At one time I considered thios pattern, but that's all I did was cinsider. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Kat, at one time I considered this pattern, but that is all I did was consider it! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background and the flowers- You do wonderful work- Enjoy seeing your quilts and blog-- Lorri2R in IA

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhhh - that is a very nice quilt! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous quilt. Words cant express quite how much I love this. A work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! And such a happy quilt. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous garden of Dresden's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!!! THat is totally worth all the work!! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have "grown" a very pretty garden.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's wonderful!! I love the raindrops and the way you pieced the background. Forgive my denseness, but you quilted the appliques on batting and then appliqued them to the background fabric? It sounds like a great way to do it, but an amazing amount of work. All of your hard work really shows in the results. It is definitely show worthy. If it were in my house, I would probably make excuses to stroll by the room and admire it, at least a dozen times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what a beautiful quilt your Dresden Garden is! It oozes gorgeous colour and fun pattern. Well done on a most amazing finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful! And what an undertaking, to quilt something that size on a sit-down machine! Great job. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!