Saturday, February 1, 2020

RSC2020 - Greens

I loved the quilts I've seen using this block design.  Somehow I don't love my block.  I haven't determined if it's just too busy for me  or the whites don't stand out well enough.  This one was a sample anyway,  12 inch finished.  Maybe it would come out better using the go cutter and lots of starch.??  It does look better from a distance.







I'm linking up with Angela of Soscrappy  and on Sunday, linking with Cynthia for Oh Scrap.  Be sure to visit these sites to see what other quilters are sharing today.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


11 comments:

  1. I think your block looks great! Great variety of green fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your block--I felt throughout January that those greens were hard to match with other shades...but you did a great job on it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block looks great and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Remember that it’s supposed to contain a variety, and it will be part of a large whole. The pattern will emerge more clearly as blocks are added. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your block looks great and will look scrappy with the other colors. I did a green one last week too - great minds

    ReplyDelete
  6. That star block is a favorite of mine, and I think yours looks great! Sometimes we are our own worst critics! I agree with Cathy - when you have more than one and the larger design starts to emerge, you'll probably be happier with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your star looks great... and it will shine beautifully next the ones you add this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also think it is a great block! It will be awesome as part of the whole!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Make one in Orange and look at them together. I think it looks great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fine from here, but I'm wondering if you aren't fond of it because of variety of greens you used in a single block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!