Friday, February 26, 2021

February Tablemats

 The necessary color at my house this month was lavender.  I did not have any in stash, so needed to pick up a few pieces.  I've been working with it all week,  as want to use it all up while it's all over my worktables.

I decided to play with wedges.  This project was an experiment.  I cut up a bunch of wedges, then decided what to do with them.   I  dressed it up with a bit of applique and free motion quilted a different design in each color wedge.  I did alot of quilting on it because I used a lot of batting trimmings for each and wanted them well secured.


I made a set of 6 placemats,  2 were made after I took this photo.  The backing is a silver blend of batik.


I'm linking up with Joy at the Joyful Quilter for her monthly table runner challenge. Be sure to visit there to see what other projects are being shared this month.

Wishing you a safe and creative week ahead.   Thanks so much for stopping by.  

9 comments:

  1. What a fun experiment, Kat!! The wedges worked out well. LOVE the different quilting in each wedge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love those purples/lavenders--so pretty--great work Kat hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, the combination of values is lovely and the quilting is so good.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty to use up strips in wedges! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! The wedges look wonderful on the mats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty placemats set. Great idea and great work with wedges and quilting, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! The wedge shape adds such interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mats turned out beautifully! Wow, just so eye-catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that you added the applique to the placemats. It's a great contrast to the geometric lines of the wedges. The quilting is a fun look. Using different motifs in each of the wedges adds wonderful texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!