Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Ohio Star Series 21-2

 K.I.S.S. .....  Keep It Simple Silly !!!   A theory I constantly forget !  This is my 2nd project in the Ohio Star Series Challenge.  It is the center only,  45 x 63.  I have a couple of complimenting borders planned for it before it's finished.  Yesterday, A quilting buddy helped me  tremendously with the layout.  I love it.  I was trying to make it balance and blend, but getting confused along the way.

I am calling this project  "Autumn Splendor".  Most of the fabrics have flecks of gold (my favorite) in it and it sparkles.  The applique blocks are cut by accuquilt dies, fused and top stitched.  In fact, the entire top was cut by accuquilt.  It was so fun.  When I quilt this project,  I will use a poly batting and ditch around the shapes so they puff nicely.


I'm linking up with these great sites this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Alycia Quilts

Thanks so much for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, so pretty. The appliques add such interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat design, Kat! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the colors--they are set off by the black so well. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The colors look gorgeous against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Kat!! Looks "sew" good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup! It’s a winner! I like Autumn colors a lot! I haven’t made a fall colored quilt in a really long time! It’s got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your selection of colors. Perfect for fall. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty!! Those blocks are so neat with all the leafy flowers? ( I don't know what to call them - but they are beautiful) and the colors Very autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color scheme on this. It's makes a very pretty fall quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!