Monday, May 2, 2022

Quilts 4 Kids for Hands 2 Help

If you are encouraged to participate in the Hands 2 Help program, you can read all about it  HERE 


 I quilted the 2 tops shared last week for Hands 2 Help program and this week I'm quilting on the Phoenix top made last year with GE Quilt Designs quilt along.  That quilt is a lap size and will also go for Hands 2 Help.

This one is the 2nd quilt made on behalf of Hands2Help.  The first was the red and pink 3-part triangle quilt and free pattern shared  HERE  .   Quilt # 2 is a Grandmas Goodness pattern  from GE Quilt Designs;  so easy and fun to make.  I adjustment the measurements to accommodate my favorite child size of 46 x 58.


It has a cotton batting and a fun sporty fleece print on the back





Here is quilt # 3.  This pattern is called  Step by Step by the irish quilter.com.  I also adjusted the measurements to finish at 46 x 58.  The center panel is images of dinosaurs.


Apparently I bought too much of this dinosaur fabric, so I used a big piece for the backing and it also has a cotton batting.  Both quilts were quilted with Omni thread on top and Bottom Line gray in the bobbin.  I used rulers and free motion quilting for both projects.



I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Kat, they are happy and fun quilts, and the recipientes will love them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great quilts for charity! It's always a plus when they get a boy quilt because most people make them for girls. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!