Saturday, August 6, 2022

Sudoku Boys Quilt # 1

I have been sick with pnemonia for several months,  so time spent in the sewing room was very sparse.  I'm trying to move forward as life can pass you by very quickly.

This quilt was cut as a kit last December 2021 making a nice little package to grab for a church sew day.  It finished at 44 x 54. I cut the squares as rectangles to avoid being a square quilt.  I didn't want to quilt thru the white strips, so I had alot of starts and stops.  New plan next time, leave the white strips for the outer border only.


It has a layer of cotton batting and a printed fleece on the back, quilted with silver glide thread on the top and bottom line in the bottom.


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Sunday   -   Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I'll be donating this quilt to our local Parkview Ronald McDonald House. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely donation quilt; I have four bags of quilting fabric awaiting pick up by a local charity--it's noon and they suggested we put donations out by 6 am--and they haven't shown up yet!!!! Traffic on I-95 is terrible so maybe that is the delay...
    Gosh you have been ill for so long--I will say a prayer for your quick recuperation--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Pat! Hope you ate feeling better each new day.
    You did a great job with the Sudoku quilt, it is lovely. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opss I wanna say Kat, but the cel corrector changed your name to Pat. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty as can be, Kat! So sorry you have been so sick. I do hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick for so long! I hope you get a little bit better as each day goes by. That's a great quilt! Definitely looks like the perfect pattern to cut and kit up, and then it will go together quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! What a clever way to place the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool quilt. Do you give each color a number and then put it together based on a sodoku already published? Hope you start feeling better soon. It's amazing how dragged out one can feel with a linger illness. Hopefully one day soon you'll wake up and say, wow! I feel terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry you have felt poorly. Pneumonia can be quite rough. I hope you feel better soon. Fabulous quilt . I bet this was a fun one to lay out. Have a very lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you were ill but glad you are feeling better enough to sew again. Great quilt but I agree all those stops and starts! I love how you made a small change to make the quilt rectangular. Clever. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Beautiful Quilt! Someone will love it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a wonderful donation quilt! Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh that is a really cute quilt!!! and the backing is perfect for it!!
    I am sorry you have been so sick!! heres to healing quickly now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!