Saturday, November 19, 2022

Christmas Tree Skirt - 26 inch diameter

 The wedges for this project were cut several years ago.  I was playing with a special short 10 degree wedge ruler and fabric which had an unusual print.  This was before ombre fabric was on the market.  When I was clearing thru a couple boxes of UFO projects, I stumbled on this batch of cut wedges and thought it would be quick to stitch up.  It is only 26 inches across and I thought the center opening was larger than it should be.

I quilted it on my Janome DSM and used the walking foot and a decorative stitch on the seams.  Bias binding finished it off and now it's looking for a new home.  I used a lovely dark wine colored print on the back and neglected to get a photo.


It's been several weeks since I've had something quilty to share.  I lost my summer to nasty pnemonia and have since been doing lots of piecing and some fmq.  

I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Sunday   -   Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! I have been thinking of making and adding tree skirts to my Etsy shop some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty tree skirt! So sorry to hear about your bout with pneumonia - hope you're feeling back to normal now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree skirt is lovely and right on time for holiday decorating! Don't worry about the center hole being too large. No one is going to see the gap between the tree trunk and where the skirt begins anyway -- I know this because I ALSO made a tree skirt many years ago and had the center hole come out too big, and we've been using that skirt every Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree skirt is beautiful. This reminds me of square dance skirts I used to make. I should cut them up and make tree skirts out of them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!!! and!! Even thru all the setbacks - you are now ready to use it for Christmas!! I hope you are feeling better and healed up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!