Saturday, March 2, 2024

Alpha 3- yard Quilt and Starry Night 3-yard Quilt finishes

 I've been quilting up some recently made flimsies.  The first is Alpha which is a 3 yard quilt pattern offered by MaterialGirlfriends.com.  My version finished at 47 x 55.  I quilted it with Glide thread.  You can see the bottom corner reveals the backing which is a red/black plaid fleece.




My other finish is another 3-yard quilt pattern; this one offered by sewcanshe.com.   The pattern is called Stars and Ladders.  My version finished at 45 x 57. 


I quilted it with Glide thread.  The back is a fleece design that works very well with this quilt.  Both quilts have 80/20 batting.

These quilts will be donated to Miriam's Closet which is a church mission that serves local area foster children.

I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Wishing you all a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.




9 comments:

  1. Both of your 3-yard quilts are fantastic! I've been thinking about making that Alpha pattern. I love the shark fleece backing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great quilts, Kat! I especially like the Stars and Ladders design. You always find fun backings, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun finishes. That shark backing is just too fun. I can see a little boy absolutely loving that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the three-yard quilts, especially the ones from sewcanshe. Are you a member of the 3 Yard Quilt group on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty quilts! Love that shark backing--won't some child simply love that? Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/06/wednesday-wait-loss-370

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are both great!! and that backing! Oh wow - LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful finishes. These are very generous and precious donations. I'm happy you posted at Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict....that is where I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish on both quilts, Kat! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great 3YQ designs! These patterns are great for donation quilts. I used Glide on a quilt and did love it and really look forward to try using it some more on others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!