Saturday, July 27, 2024

Lima Twin Quilt - finished

 This quilt began in April with the 3Yd quilt challenge at Material Girlfriends (scroll down to April's post. I made this one scrappy and used yellow since it was the RSC color that month.  My cutting plan for scrappy took much too long, so I challenged myself to a smaller one that was actually cut from just 3 fabrics.  You can see it  HERE .

My yellow Lima is finally finished.  I quilted it with a yellow Glide thread, quilting an allover design of overlapping circles.......  so fun. It measures 60 x 82.  It's already been donated to our local Childrens Foster Closet.


I used a soft green print on the back. Bottom line gray was used in the bobbin.


I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing you all a safe and productive week ahead.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Its beautiful!! I like that quilting that you did !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the contrast between straight lines and curves. So love that you chose the overlapping quilting design for the LIMA twin. No doubt the lucky recipient will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty one, Kat! Yellow is such a happy color. Someone's going to get a lot of comfort from this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow Lima turned out beautifully, Kat nice work; and that quilting looks beautiful on it!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Kat!!! So cheerful and great use of scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt and great to use so many yellows. Not a color I have very much of though. I need to look at that pattern (I saved it earlier...) and see what color I could use to make it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job with this quilt! It can be hard to get the value contrast right when working within a single color but you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow has very limited value gradation. When it is light it is almost white and darker hues tend to get orange/brown. You did a fantastic job. Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilting is so fun! What a lovely scrap quilt. It does take longer to cut out a scrap quilt for sure, but it's so worth it when the result is as pretty as this! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/31/wednesday-wait-loss-391

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lima is beautiful! I love how you used only 3 colors, great contrast for each block. Wonderful quilting too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!