This week had alot of commitments scheduled and so I only had Friday to sew with the yellow scraps. I made 2 granny square blocks. I had to select and cut the units first which takes time when you're trying to create a pleasing contrast.
There is something about this block in that no matter how I approach the assembly, I always get lost. My best way seems to be laying out the entire block and sewing the diagonal rows. I try to keep with the chain sewing and somewhere along the way, I have to unpick units. I love the look of this block but it is not one I will be making alot of. I think I have 7 now ... not enough to make up a quilt yet.
I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week. Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.
Wishing you a happy and creative week. Thanks so much for stopping by.



Lovely little yellow projects.
ReplyDeleteCute houses! For some weird reason, Granny Squares are a block I have always liked & never made. Huh? I need to make some & hopefully not get lost on the way! Yours turned out very cute.
ReplyDeleteLove your Granny Square blocks in yellow, Kat! I'm sorry they caused you trouble, though - some blocks are like that. Maybe you can use the blocks you've made for a baby or doll quilt? Cute yellow houses, too! I need to make mine - hopefully this week.
ReplyDeleteI’ve never done the granny square blocks either although I do like the look of them. Yours are certainly cute, though!
ReplyDeleteYou have done a wonderful job stitching these pretty yellow blocks. Love the blue dots! Cute little houses too. Thank you for sharing yout blocks and linking up.
ReplyDeleteJust love your houses--so cute--the Granny squares came out really well in those yellows...nice works hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteYour Granny squares turned out great in spite of what you wrote about them! Those yellow houses are super cute!
ReplyDeleteCute houses!. For the granny squares I would first make the center 9patch. Then make 4 identical corner units adding the center side triangles at each end of just two corner units. Then sew units together..
ReplyDeleteGreat yellow granny square blocks. I've already gone through my granny square phase and, I agree, no more of those blocks for me -- unless . . . Have a quilty week.
ReplyDeleteYour yellows look good. Cute houses! Thanks for joining Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteI love the look of your granny square blocks, Kat! I think you have the right idea with your method of assembly. Some blocks can't be rushed.
ReplyDeletePretty Granny Squares blocks, Kat, and those houses are so cute.
ReplyDeleteLove the yellow houses. All the yellow is making me jealous.
ReplyDeleteI always love seeing granny square blocks, have never made one yet;) Those houses are cute too.
ReplyDeleteHi Kat, blocks on point are always confusing to make - for me as well anyway. It's too bad because they are so lovely. I like your two new FPP houses - so cute :-) Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This! Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe blocks are beautiful, sometimes the simpliest block can be unnerving but that could just be me😀im working on a simple patch of 5" just 3 colors ,red,white,print ,just 3 & its easy to get the same square next to each other ,doing the red white print red white print...... doesn't work so I feel your pain girl! 🤣
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain about getting confused and needing to un-sew. I’ve started to use design boards to layout the whole block as you do….and it has helped but as you mention, trying to chain sew seems to confuse things. Your houses are darling!
ReplyDeleteYour yellow RSC blocks are fun and cheerful! I really love your PP houses too! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your assessment of that RSC block. I would have to lay out the whole thing and even then I'd probably end up unpicking! They sure turn out pretty though. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/19/wednesday-wait-loss-498