Wednesday, August 3, 2011

String Quilt #2 - p3

A bit of progress, Yes!  I grew tired of sorting scrap strings and pieces. I found I had an imbalance of colors going on -  small amount of cool colors, lots of warm colors. It seemed timely, I'll make an autumn-themed string quilt. Someone will like it. The narrow black sashing is showing off those tans very nicely. The dusty green center strip is very calming. I see an opportunity to 'control' the design with carefully chosen corner triangles.

So I took time to work through some of those strings I had tossed in the string box. I managed to sew and press a strip to both sides of the 36 blocks.  It's difficult to step away from working on those blocks.  I think I just started another project!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!