Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Quilts 4 Kids 19-1

I did some power cutting in December before the year ended.  I gathered some saved pics of  children's quilts that I considered quick to cut or sew.  Then I spent a couple days pulling fabrics and cutting up kits for 20 quilts - 10 patterns and 2 of each.  My goal is to finish 2 quilts every month.

Here is the first finish.  I am not apt to come up with ingenious names for 20 quilts, so I will name them as in 2019 cuz I plan to do this every year,  19-1, 19-2, 19-3   etc.

19-1 .... the fabric looks gray in the photo but it is actually a tiny blue yellow and white print.  The center blue was blah, so i added some stars to go with the star fabric in the border.  These quilts are so fun and quick to quilt.  It finised at  45 x 54 .


and the back is a fleece print ............

I'm linking up with  Susan at Quilt Fabrication  and  Lorna  at  Sew Fresh Quilts and Alycia of Alycia Quilts on Friday.   Be sure to visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing today.

THanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Kat for commenting on my blog. I am here checking your blog...wow 2 quilts a month...quite a goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great way to have things at a quick grab as well as great incentive to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great start on your goal! I look forward to seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute finish! and - Love the way you are going to name them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!