Sunday, April 28, 2019

Beyond the Braided Star

This quilt was started  a few (more than 2) years ago thru a quilt club challenge.  It was going to stay as just  the center design ...... until I came across more yardage of these fabrics at a fabulous quilt shop in Fishers, Indiana.  Then it grew to oversize queen .... 96 x 98 .

I quilted it to death on my sit-down Artistic Quilter 16..... both FMQ and ruler work.  The background color and backing is a cream/ecru color, but it looks darker because of the lack of lighting in the church sanctuary, which is the only place I can take a photo of something this large.

P.S.  The gold arrows going around the quilt design is not fabric,  it's  thread ! 




and here is the back ...  which displays the quilting better



This is a fabulous finish for me.  I have 2 panels of tree scenery also in this fabric line.  I will make them into bedroom window coverings.  I also have a Dream Big panel to quilt in the seagreen color as wall decor.

Tomorrow,  I'm linking up for Design Wall Monday.  Be sure to visit there to see what other quilters are sharing today.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish --love all the aquas...stunning work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning finish! Beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your quilt (and especially the quilting) is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful!!! Love you quilting. You do great ruler work. I am working on my ruler work..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a SPECTACULAR quilt you have created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely a fabulous finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous quilt! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finish! The colors are gorgeous (a favorite of mine), and you quilting is outstanding. It is amazing what quilting can do to a quilt! Congrats on a wonderful finish, and I'm loving the sound of how you are going to finish the room it is going to be in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!