Saturday, January 30, 2021

January's Tablemat

 I began this challenge without a specific plan.  I went to the stash shelves and pulled out a pretty print, not alot of it so I thought to use it up and pull some fabrics that compliment.  Due to indoor lighting, it may look a tad harsh with the burgandy and bronze metallic.


So I made 4 placemats 14 x 19 ( one is hanging on design wall).  See next months' challenge fabric peeking in the upper right corner.






I like to do alot of quilting these days, so I did orange peels in the printed squares and some geometric designs in the open areas.



This is January's version of the Table Scraps Challenge instigated by The Joyful Quilter.  Be sure to visit there to see what  all the quilters are linking  up with their projects this month.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. What elegant placemats you created. Thanks for joining in the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Kat! Here's the direct link to view the other entries: https://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/2021/01/january-2021-table-scraps-runnertopper.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely, Kat--definitely elegant for sure...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your plan and execution. I'm hoping Table Scraps will be all about using my stash. Your placemats look wonderful. I think the quilting really makes them! Great start on Table Scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fancy table toppers! Your quilting on them in beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty placemats. They look regal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I look forward to seeing your projects. I just signed up to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! these are cool!! and a great idea to add other colors - that burgandy and bronze is gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!