Saturday, January 16, 2021

RSC 2021 - Pinks

 I showed restraint in choosing patterns for my RSC 2021 projects -----  only  ONE  , so far !!  I have some baskets of scrappy strips, 1-1/2" and 1" trimmed.  Hoping to use these up and empty baskets is why I chose this log cabin style block for my project.  I have to give credit to Cynthia of   Oh Scrap for shining the light on this block for me.

So I have a partial layout plan in EQ, subject to change at any time.  Here are my 5 pink log cabin style blocks  and did some leader/ender style stitching with these pink crumb blocks, which will be the center of some other block designs in the future.




I'm linking up with             Saturday  -  soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)


                                Quilting is more fun than Housework...




Wednesday ……….. https://www.quiltfabrication.com/

                                      The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday ........
                         https://quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com/ 
                                                                                   
                                                             Friday …………. Alycia Quilts



Be sure to visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing this week.

In the meantime, I haven't done any machine quilting yet  all month so that is what's on my agenda for the coming week.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

27 comments:

  1. I like the b/w 9 patches at the center of your pink blocks ! Very nice you hve some pretty pinks in there hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made good use of the narrow strips in those pink log cabin blocks.
    And it is always good to have other crumbs prepared for new blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those black and white cornerstones in the log cabin block will do a great job of tying all the colors together. Off to a great start on pink! Good luck with resisting the urge to start another project. I am fighting the same battle right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the black/white checkerboard part of the block brings everything together. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man - I so LOVE these!!! that is a perfect block for RSC !! The B/W just makes the colors pop! oh and - only one project - ha ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love black and white with pink - great use of Cynthia's design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that design of Cynthia's, too - yours are pretty in pink, Kat! And crumb blocks are always a good way to use up the scrappy bits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute PINK blocks, Kat! The Cynthia-inspired ones remind me of the baggie of Tiny Nines awaiting a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty log cabins. I got one of my blocks from Cynthia as well this year. The crumbs are looking great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like these offset log cabin blocks! The black and white checkerboard make the block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great block for RSC and it looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great start Kat. It is a great block for RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing how the pink make the black and white blocks zing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a very good plan. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the colors as they are added.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute blocks! I love the black and white detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the log cabins! It is so much fun to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful blocks with the black and white 9-patch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful blocks with the black and white 9-patch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great color combos. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great contrast with those black and white blocks. I love this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great setting for those nine patches! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your several steps ahead of me! I'm still dithering on what to do! Could be because I have 2 tops that haven't been finished from last year! But I would like to move out some of my scraps.... even only small amounts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking great! I have very little pink in my quilting world, but have made plenty of boy quilts in my male-heavy family :) Enjoy your stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank goodness there are no restrictions on how many or how few projects we choose for RSC. Of course, the number is always subject to change! Very pretty start to RSC2021!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these blocks! The black and white centers are a perfect contrast to your pink.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the blocks, I saw them too on Cynthia's blog. But since I already have 5! RSC projects for this year, it will have to wait until next year. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those b/wite centres really pop. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!