Saturday, July 31, 2021

July's Candle Mat

 In keeping up (almost) with the monthly tablescraps runner challenge with Joy at The Joyful Quilter, I rummaged thru my box/s of autumn fabrics and pulled 3 for a quick table mat.  I'm not thrilled with the result which should be a lesson that it doesn't pay to hurry quilting creativity.

In any event,  here is my fall candle mat.  It measures 14 inches across.  I used a 60 degree ruler to cut the wedges.  I  quilted it with Glide gold thread (my fav) and used a single fold binding.


I will gift it to someone and if they don't like the front,  they can always use the back side.....


I'm joining the linky party with Joy this weekend.  You can see all the lovely challenge tablescraps runners all this weekend  at  The Joyful Quilter .

Thanks so much for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. I like the candle mat, it is so pretty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty and perfect for fall, Kat! I'm starting to get that desire to play with fall colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does not look like it was hurried to me. I think fall colors are my favorite. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hexagonal shape for the mat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you may be too hard on yourself!! this looks great and perfect for fall

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are ahead of the game with this festive Fall candle mat, Kat. Thanks for sharing with the July 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge! Autumn will be here before we know it, right? I'm looking forward to slightly cooler temperatures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!