Saturday, September 25, 2021

RSC21 Oranges

 I spent Friday piecing this table runner with autumn fabrics.  I thought it would be a quick project but admit I am a slow quilter.  I got it sandwiched and began quilting it.  Hope to share a finished photo tomorrow.  This design was inspired by the Nox Tablerunner  by Connie Kresin at Freemotion By The River.

I wanted it longer than her pattern and added some extra units.  I do like it so if no family loves it,  I will use it myself.




Here is this photo rotated .........................  It measures 15 x 48 .




Hoping I can update this post tomorrow with a photo of this runner all quilted and bound. 

Now it IS tomorrow and I have finished quilting this runner.  Still difficult to get a good photo of the quilting.  I used Military Gold Glide thread,  quilting orange peels in the squares and straight lines in the sashing and border.  The binding matched perfectly but I still wish I had made a difference choice.  I love these colors !  The border fabric is so pretty,  I also put it on the back, in case I wanted to use that side sometimes.



 I am linking up with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  Be sure to visit these sites to see what other quilters are sharing.


Saturday  -  soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  https://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/

https://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/2021/09/september-2021-table-scraps.html

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Have a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


19 comments:

  1. Such beautiful fall colors. Take all the time you need, it will be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely entry for this month's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Kat!! Good thinking on the expansion project. The runner will be a gorgeous addition to any Autumn table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great table runner! Connie has some good designs! Usually not too complicated. I need to check this one out! My buffet is small, so I’d need a smallish one. This could fit the bill! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. the light and dark keep your eye traveling along the length, love autumn colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty one, Kat! I love the border fabric and how your squares pull from its colors. I'd want to keep it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and festive! Great table decor for now through Thanksgiving, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a pretty table runner. Love the colors and the desigh. Perfect for Thanksgiven season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Beautiful Table Runner...so festive for the season.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, Kat! I love those fabrics too. Unfortunately I am a slow quilter also. I've started a couple of table runners/mats that never got finished because the new month & color came too early! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect for autumn. Wonderful finish Kat. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the binding fabric is perfect!! Cute runner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute runner and your choice of thread for the quilting is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a beautiful runner. I like all the mango, peach, melon, tangerine and pumpkin colors you have used. Just needs some orange :-p Just kidding :-D Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect for adding fall color to the table - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is super cute!!! perfect for Fall!!! and!! it is bound ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just in time for fall! What a clever use of the color of the month. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!