Sunday, September 18, 2022

Puppy Parade - Stay at Home Row Robin - 2021

 I first posted about this project in October, 2021.  It was a spin-off idea from the Stay At Home Round Robin ( SAHRR ) which began here ... SAHRR … pronounced “stay at home round robin.” | Quilting Gail.  I also started a 'Round' Robin style, which is lovely, but still unfinished.

All the dog pics were cut out from a panel  I bought last year.  If you're interested to get one for yourself, I just found one here Amazon.com: Doggie Drama 24'' Novelty Dog Panel Cream Quilt Fabric : Pet Supplies.

I am not good at getting clear close-up photos showing detail.  I took it to church this morning for a photo.  Everyone loved it.  I think I like it so much, not just because of the doggies, (that I love)  but because of the crisp white background and the many colors in the fabrics.  I forgot to get a pic of the backing, but it is readily available as a wide back. 


Here is my "Puppy Parade".  It measures 64 x 72.  I quilted it with So Fine off white and gray threads on the top and white Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.  There is straight line quilting and curved free motion quilting in the blocks and borders  and a stipple in the background of the dog squares, which make the doggies pop.  I made a magic binding for this one, so the faux cording would stand out between the binding and top.



What a great finish for me this week.  I'm joining these linky parties so please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing this week.


Sunday   -   Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a safe and happy week ahead.  Thanks so much for stopping by. 


15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! I do love it! Congrats on this beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Puppy Parade came out so beautifully!! Just love all the colors around the doggies...great work on this hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Kat! I love how each puppy is framed in a star. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS!!!! I love it - and I agree - that white just makes all the blocks pop!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely delightful!! I love how you incorporated the pinwheels and other blocks in this too. Great use of the puppy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Kat! I love how each puppy is framed in a star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat, Your SAHRR is absolutely wonderful. I love all the different blocks you incorporated, and the many colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great, happy quilt Kat! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, your doggie quilt is so dang adorable. What a fantastic finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pattern to frame those adorable puppies! Love this. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Puppy Parade turned out fabulous! I love how each dog is framed like a star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dogs! I've made way more dog quilts than I should admit to. Also love the backing -- I used it for 3 smaller quilts with 1 piece left to use. Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!