Sunday, March 12, 2023

Cat Folk - 2023 SAHRR - Round 6

 I stuck it out on time for each week!  I do love this quilt, always happens when I create them using a Round Robin method.  I thought it needed to be a miniature size cuz no one would want it with this folk style cat block in the center or the colors.  Well these are some of my most favorite colors. It turned out to be an oversize lap quilt or even a twin size -  76 x 88 before quilting.  I will hang on to it for awhile before possibly gifting to a special person ( anyone who says they love it ).

I got carried away -  40 applique blocks in Round 5 had to be stitched down; then I went back and added 10 applique blocks to the centers of Round 3.  Not my usual forte but EQ got me into trouble here.

I am anxious to quilt it too.  I hope to pin baste it at our church sew day on Monday.  I have plans!  lol


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Monday -  Quilting Gail | A scrappy quilter and not a perfect quilter

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.


15 comments:

  1. Cute!!! Great colors! I like the ribbon above the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, love the cat and all your rounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! You really took some time to make it unique with the appliqué - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat Folk looks fantastic! The applique does add a lot to it! Congratulations on keeping up each week! Thank you for linking to the Parade!
    quiltinggail

    ReplyDelete
  5. The addition of applique here and there really make this quilt beautiful. You did a fantastic job on your SAHRR. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous SAHRR! I love the applique you did - well worth the time it takes. I did smile at your finished size, compared to what you thought you might do. Congratulations on a lovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job, Kat!! I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't have had the fortitude it must have taken to add all those flowers. Kudos to you (because they make the quilt extra special!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks terrific to me! It's so satisfying to start with something small and make it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful, Kat! You did a great job with all those applique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the cat panel! The colors are wonderful and the extra appliqués, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how cute and wonderfully creative! You know there are a lot of cat lovers out there who would definitely love to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations for the on time finish!! it turned out so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I really like how every border echoes the colors of the cat panel and how it's all so balanced--something i would think would be a challenge, not knowing what the prompts might be from week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Great colors, and that cat in the middle is awesome! Congrats on keeping up each week, that is tough! So glad you love your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!