Monday, January 29, 2024

Blocks, Blocks & More Blocks

 I spent last week catching up on blocks for assorted projects.  This first set is Month 4 for London Calling, a BOM designed by Gudrun Erla of GEQuiltDesigns.com. The block on top represents the front entrance of a British Pub.  The lower blocks are lightning bolts significant from the Harry Potter series.  I am totally unawares to anything Harry Potter,



The Jelly Roll Club is a facebook group and website  .  Yvonne offers several free and very awesome projects.  This year began the Mystery Stars quilt along.  She also has a youtube video demonstrating how to make each block.  These are my stars to date.  Being slightly temperamental, I changed up a few designs.  Yvonne declares she is fine with that.  These are my January blocks .....  They are 12 inch and 6 inch blocks.



                 



Lastly, 2024 3YD Quilt Series Sew Along - Material Girlfriends is challenging you to make a 3-yard quilt monthly.  They offer up a free pattern along with a few color options.  A new challenge is issued on the 15th.  January's pattern is "Alpha" . I have adjusted the pattern ever so slightly so I could make mine one column wider; omit one narrow border and stay within the fabric allotment.  I have 30 'Alpha' blocks waiting for assembly.


Phew!   It's time to get back to machine quilting. I'm joining these linky parties this week. Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Wishing you all a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. I am right along with you this week, rocking the blocks! Ooh, I didn't realize the London BOM you were doing is by Gudrun --- good thing too because I am easily sucked into her projects, LOL! However, I will check out what the 3YQAL is all about. I have two tops that I am taking down to my MIL's in a few weeks for longarming and have a bag of "kits" waiting for attention. Hmmm, this might be something I'll want to do (even though I don't NEED another thing on my plate)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun quilt alongs you are participating in! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

    ReplyDelete
  3. all your blocks are great! thanks for sharing jelly roll club stars mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your blocks look great, Kat! I really like the jelly roll club mystery blocks. Like you, I have no clue about Harry Potter, but interesting blocks! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!