Saturday, January 20, 2024

Q4K 24-1 - 16-patch green flimsy

 I neglected keeping my scrap bins orderly last year.  I always follow RSC although I didn't find the time to participate last year.

January's color is green.  I did a thorough clean out of the green scrap bin. I cut pre-cut units where appropriate.  I also assessed the contents to decide what I could make from these leftovers.  I decided on the scrappy 16-patch.  Last week I made up 16 blocks, then decided to add a few more to make it a junior child quilt.

I had one lonely strip from a pooh bear which was added to lengthen at the top  It now has 20 blocks plus sashing.  The flimsy is waiting for a pin basting day.  It measures    43 x 56.


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday  -  soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than housework

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Thanks so much for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. Adding that little Pooh Bear strip was genius! That is just the sweetest quilt. Wonderful use of those green scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's pretty, Kat! I love how the different greens play together - and the added strip at the top, too. That looks a great way to take care of your green scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The pooh bear strip makes this a much more interesting quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super use of scraps to make a lovely gender-neutral kid quilt! It’s adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 16-patch quilt! It makes me want to pull out some strips and make some blocks myself. The Pooh bear fabric is the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 16 patch quilts. So easy and they always look good. I like that you added the strip...good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt. Great job using the greens -- although I doubt all of the scraps are gone. I've done 16 patch quilts but then also made them into sawtooth stars blocks. But you put that Pooh strip to good use and tied it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cutest kid quilt! Love the Pooh Bear strip, such great idea adding it to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the addition of the Pooh fabric strip at the top! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely quilt! Adding the Pooh Bear strip really takes it up to the next level of adorableness. Someone is simply going to treasure this cute quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/24/wednesday-wait-loss-364

    ReplyDelete
  11. That top strip is a winner. I love those greens together, congrats on a flimsy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome quilt. I really love that top strip on it! It seems to really show off the scrappy blocks and pulls it together! I know some child will love it! Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!