Saturday, April 13, 2024

Charlie

 This quilt is the result of February's  3 -yard quilt design at 

                       2024 3YD Quilt Series Sew Along - Material Girlfriends

 I selected fabrics from a collection of an Angela Walters quilt along from days/year? past.  There was enough to make it a twin size, so that was my goal.  I made 35 blocks.  There was a limited amount left of the rose/white design print,  so I put it all in the border with a bit saved aside for center squares of the blocks. The green background fabric is a celery green and not as dark as it looks in the photo. It finished at 66 x 84 and has already been donated to the local foster child mission at our church.


I used a  light gray spiral wide backing and 80/20 batting.  I quilted it with Glide threads of course; navy thread cross stitching in the chain portions and a great blending thread in all the rest, called Lemon Ice. I used  the "Every Leaf " templates by Amanda Murphy to make the flower design in the blocks.  It really went quickly.  I tried  using the every leaf templates to make a horizontal chain design in the flower border (without marking).  That didnt go as well, but the child recipient won't know its not perfect.


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I wish you a safe and productive week.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, and lovely quilting! How kind of you to donate it, I'm sure a child will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thata pretty one! I really like the blue rose print. It's very soothing and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty, and I am so happy it is already loving on a child - super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely quilt. Do you do the quilting on a domestic or long arm. I'm in awe of anyone who can do either. I am all about a computer powered long arm. This is a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty quilt! That celery fabric goes so well with the floral. Love your quilting! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful, I love the rose border, and the quilting looks pretty. Well done!
    Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt, Kat! I really love that celery background you used! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your finish Kat! It looks really great and I'm sure that it will be appreciated! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!