Saturday, April 27, 2024

Dino Too - a flimsy

 I have been puttering this week to use up the remainder of a strippy panel fabric of dinosaurs.  I had to make it much bigger, so did alot of colorful piecing for the sections between the panels.  It was only 36 inch wide, so added some side borders too.  It is now 48 x 58.  It won't get pin basted for quilting until next month.


I am now trying to finish up odds and ends and trim and store lots of scrappy leftovers from several projects.  May will be a quilting marathon month for me.  

I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you all a happy creative week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. My what a fun quilt, I like the way you are using up your scraps to increase its size. I love working with scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really think this quilt came out adorably!! So cute--nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt! I love this strippy panel, and your colorful borders are perfect.
    Thank you for sharing this adorable project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of your Dino strips!!! Nice size, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some little boy is just going to love this quilt. Bright happy colors with awesome dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Dinos are the making of a great quilt. I like how you come up with your quilts. It's almost like improv but not quite. And, it appears there is always a neat quilt coming from you. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those checkerboard strips that use all the colors of the dinosaur sections make the quilt! Great design, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good reminder that I have a panel that I'm to make into a blanket for charity. Love the dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project, Kat! I love the rows you added. Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun quilt! You did an awesome job with that stripe fabric. Very cute. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/01/wednesday-wait-loss-378

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kat, I love what you did with your dino quilt. It looks great! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!