This week I made 3 new blocks from the purple scrap bin. Some refer to this block as the 4 Corners block. I call it my 4 Corners Ohio block. These blocks take longer to dig and cut for appropriate color scraps than it does to sew them up. They are so cute at 6" tho. I especially love the ones that are totally scrappy. Isn't it funny that you have to actually do these things to determine your preference and style.
I also pulled a couple leftover strips of purple and yellow and made a few 16 patch blocks.
Do you have unusual fabric prints in your stash that you're unsure what to do with? I had this wild psychedelic print that finally said it might flow nicely cut up for a Spring Splash quilt. Pattern: Spring Splash | Quilting Daily ( there is a link to the pdf file) I made one years ago and always had it in my mind to make more.
So I had to cut up a kit for the project to have handy. Yesterday I went and stitched it together! Doesn't that always happen, if the units are ready to sew, we can't stop the process. AND I've had another pair of fabrics that is not suitable for children's taste, so I cut this one up into another kit! It can go to a retirement home when it's finished.
Here is the 'wild' one - I'm calling it Spring Splash on Steroids. I still have some of this fabric left, I may put it in a halloween quilt. The background fabric looks white but it is actually a celery green batik. My photos were taken indoors.
I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week. Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.
Wishing you a happy and creative week. Thanks so much for stopping by.



The Spring Splash is awesome! Wonderful use of that crazy print. I like how the 4 corner star blocks came out, and especially the scrappier versions.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome use of that crazy print!! I did laugh about you cutting the kit and then piecing it until it was a top. . .it was a project that needed to be stitched!
ReplyDelete