Saturday, September 19, 2020

Alabama Rambler rev.

 This quilt is now finished.  It was started  way back   HERE  .  The top was ready in May, 2019, pin basted, then sat on a shelf waiting for attention.  I'm glad I waited because I have grown so much with my FMQ in the past year.  Here  is how it came to be called Alabama Rambler rev.

 I had fun ruler quilting this one.  It measures 51 inches square and will be for a young child.  I guess it has to be for a girl since the backing is a flowery print.  It has the nicest poly batt with just the right amount of puff.

I quilted different motifs for each color,  an 8-pt  star in the purple squares, extending to the white triangles,  a different 8 - pt star in the white squares,  arcs around the yellow triangles and some dot to dot in the aqua.  This one made me think of the 3 bears,  it wasn't quilted too little,  or too much,   just right.


and here is a look from the back ..................


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.




Wednesday ……….. https://www.quiltfabrication.com/

                                      The Inquiring Quilter


                           https://quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com/
                                                                                   
                                                             Friday …………. Alycia Quilts


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a safe and happy week.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely job on your Alabama Rambler! I have tops like that, too, that have been waiting patiently as I work to develop quilting skills that are worthy of them. Congrats on your long-awaited finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a lovely finish on this one--I have never done any specialty quilting only straight line stuff--I see a lot of bloggers doing "ruler" quilting out there...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove it!!! you are right!! it is just right! and the colors are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty! I love the colors, and your quilting is perfect for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job quilting this! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat, that is a really lovely quilt. I love the stars in the middle of the blocks and the dot to dot FMQ. Great job! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great quilt, its stunning. The pattern would also be good for a boy just replace the purple with dark blue and of course no flowers on the back. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!