Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Cat Folk - Grand Finale - 2023 SAHRR

 I had a grand time custom quilting the Cat Folk quilt on my Janome sit-down machine.  I didn't pre-plan the quilting but addressed each element as I worked.  It has plenty of quilting, but I didn't QITD as I am prone to do.

You may recall, I initially began with the center block coming from a pillow panel.  I thought it wouldn't appeal to most folks, (I gift most of my quilts away) so I thought it would need to be a miniature to use as a wall hanging.  Well, silly me,  it grew to 74 x 86.  

I used several Accuquilt dies to help me with design elements.  The stitching down of appliques took alot of time but I love how it turned out.

I used cotton batting and a cream So Fine thread, Aqua Glide thread and a light brown Omni thread. I neglected to get a photo of the back. I used a  wide  backing from Kansas Troubles by Moda. It is now patiently waiting for me to hand stitch the binding down.  I love the colors, all from stash,  I may keep it around for awhile.


Here are some close ups of quilting.  What a unique quilt.  I love the Stay at Home Round Robin process of designing!




I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.

      Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.






13 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful finish, Kat! I have loved your color combination all along, and all those neat appliqued details, too. I would have a hard time giving that one away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great finish. I'd love to see you join my Sew & Tell party at MelvaLovesScraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice quilt and all from your stash! You get bonus points for making it a big quilt. I too like your colors. Great job all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt finish!! I love all the borders and the quilting!! Nice work on this hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kat !!! It is lovely. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little kitty cat grew up to be a truly delightful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so well! Definitely a terrific SAHRR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I think it's a good thing it turned into a quilt instead of a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous finish. Your great result may entice me to try a Stay At Home Round Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is FABULOUS!!! all the different quilting!! and You have made that cat panel just shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may need to keep this one--it's so pretty! Love how you quilted it. I can see the joy in every stitch. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!