Sunday, May 9, 2021

3 Yard Quilts Challenge

Mary Johnson of  the  Heartstrings group sparked everyone's interest with a 3 Yard Quilt Challenge.  They are quick and easy and you can't stop at just one.  Our challenge mission will run through June.

You can explore more about the 3 Yard Quilts with it's originator, Donna Robertson  over at Fabric Cafe.   Donna also has a you.tube channel where she demonstrates her patterns and fabric bundles every Tuesday and Thursday.  


Here are my first 3 - 3 yard quilts so far.  I have another flimsy made, which is not quilted yet.  

3 Yard 21-1  Monkeys

backing ......



3 Yard 21-2 - Beach Balls


Back




3 Yard 21-3 Teddy Bears


Back 


These all measure  42 x 56 and are backed with a fleece print.  It was a struggle free motion quilting on the sit down machine.  I fmq the first two but the fleece seemed to drag on the table surface.  The 3rd quilt was quilted with the walking foot on my Janome.

I'm linking up with these wonderful parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Alycia Quilts


Have a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun pattern, Kat! I'm sure your contribution will be SEW appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was enamored of Mary's 3 yard challenge although I haven't actually made any since the announcement. I did buy one of the books and keep looking at it.... Your three are super cute. I don't have a sit down quilting machine but I think I've heard that some people wax the surface of their machines and/or tables to make them a bit more slippery. It "seems" like a good idea but I guess you have to be careful what you "wax" with. Pledge is shiny and I equate that with slippery but I'd guess it would be somewhat greasy and might transfer to the quit itself. Your 3 quilts are going to be a wonderful addition to some little person's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute quilts. They look like fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sweet quilts and look like a fun project to work on. These are so cheerful . Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun bright quilts that will be loved. Fabulous finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO adorable!! I love all the fabrics you chose - and that sloth fabric... I need it haha!! Its perfect! ( at least I am calling it a sloth!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine has been making several of the 3-yard quilts from the books. The patterns are wonderful for making children's quilts with the novelty fabrics that they love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see where these would be addicting! So fast and so pretty. Perfect for charity quilts. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!