Sunday, May 16, 2021

Quilts 4 Kids - 21-3

 I gave up creating a name for every quilt.  When there are several quilts in the same category, I just give it a category name, the year and number in that series; i.e. quilts 4 kids 21-3.  This quilt was made from a kit I cut in late winter of 2019 or 2018.?  I've lost track now.

21-3  Rail fence is red, pink and yellow rails and measures 45 x 56.  It is free motion quilted with scallop flowers.  Angela Walters calls it the Flower Meander  

(2772) Machine Quilting the Flower Meander & Variations | Free-motion Challenge Quilting Along with Angela - YouTube




I backed it with a peach and gray fleece.  It also has a thin cotton batting between the layers.





I'm joining these great linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Alycia Quilts


Thanks so much for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good way to keep track of the quilts, Kat. Easier to remember what they were for, that way! Congrats on completing this sweet UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt. And a good reminder that even fairly "simple" quilts can have an impact. I never can come up with names for my quilts so I've given up trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not good at naming quilts either, so that's a great idea! Pretty quilt, too - I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet comfort quilt. That cozy backing will be very popular for snuggling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely quilt...a sweet young lady will treasure 21-3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make so many quilts that this seems like a great way to keep them organized! Thanks for sharing your quilt with Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also struggle to come up with names for quilts - great idea to keep track of them! Love that rail fence quilt - it looks like it a fun maze! I absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fun little quilt. Your Quilts 4 Kids group will be pleased to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am LOVING those colors!!!! What a happy quilt - and the backing - LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!