Saturday, January 29, 2022

SAHRR 2022

 SAHRR ...  Stay at Home Round Robin.  I began this project when they first posted the challenge last year.  Since they are doing a new version this year,  I decided to follow along.  This style of project is great encouragement for spreading your wings with techniques and design.

https://quiltinggail.com/2022/01/10/sahrr-2022-getting-started-center-block/

Here is my center with a few rounds from 2021 - 20-1/2 inch square



This month I combined rounds 1 and 2 together into one round.  I  had some leftover peaky and spike units (half diamonds) from a storm at sea quilt I made a few years ago.  I had 4 large (6 inch) drunkard path blocks also leftover from another project.  I decided to join them into diamonds and use coping strips to make it all fit into one border.

Here is my project now.  it measures 32-1/2 inches square.


I'm joining these linky partys this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Have yourself a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


23 comments:

  1. this is looking so pretty--nice color choices...hugs from the midst of our blizzard here ;000 Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea mixing round 1 and 2.
    You SARR is looking very pretty. Weĺl done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the diamond border design. It really framed the center up nicely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leftover blocks fit right in with last year's start! That's looking great, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! That was a surprising combo, Kat. It made for such a dramatic border! Looking forward to where our next prompt will take us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this!! These two blocks work so well together and make a really dynamic border! I never would have thought to put them together but it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of leftover blocks. I see you did the half blocks for diamonds too. I need to finish sewing on two borders but something else comes first. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of all the SAHRR yours is the most pleasing. Love the Southwest colors! This will be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! It has kind of a "western art" feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how lovely this quilt is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so enjoying seeing all these SAHRRs!!! Love your distinctive diamonds!!! Great idea to combine two rows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your color combos and how the whole quilts is looking so far! So nice to be able to use up orphans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you took the old project and you're adding to it with the new project. It's really looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how this is coming along, especially with those color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty. Those colors are really cool together! Its fun to see how you have had this grow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! I might have to revisit my incomplete SAHRR from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your SAHRR is looking beautiful! I love the colors you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to use up your orphan blocks! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  19. we did a round robin 2 or 3 years back in quilt guild. It was so interesting to see what others added to the rounds on the others quilts. My top is now part of the current UFO challenge we are doing in guild.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!