Saturday, July 1, 2023

24 Karat Koby

 I have my 24 Karat Koby into a flimsy, 70 x 80.  It is a quick QAL with GEQuiltDesigns.  It was simple cutting and sewing.  Next time I will choose fabrics which don't require my need to scrutinize fabric placement.   I used the 24 karat collection which you can also get at GEQuiltDesigns.  It is much prettier than it appears in my indoor photo. I love the gold metallics but overall I think I will quilt it with a medium gray shade of shiny Glide thread.  I haven't decided on the quilting design yet. It is very geometric so will be looking for a design that compliments.



Stormy today and too large for DH to hold up, so had to pin it to the portable design wall to get an indoor photo. It was a fun quick project and I intend to make another one plus some in the child size.


and a couple close-ups




I'll be joining my favorite linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


I wish you a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.








6 comments:

  1. My challenge is always how to quilt it, whether to echo lines in the piecing or contrast curves with straight lines. Have fun deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish. It's so hard to get a good photograph sometime. I try to take most of my photos outside but too often I forget and then have to do an inside photo as the sun is going down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. I don't have a 'quilt holder' since my daughter moved out so I photograph most of my quilts pinned to the design wall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! What a pretty, fast top to make. Can't wait to see it quilted. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/05/wednesday-wait-loss-335

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are super cool fabrics!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Koby quilt, Kat!!! What a great fabric line, gold highlights and all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!