Sunday, July 30, 2023

Christmas on Smith Mountain- part 2

 Since the block parts were nicely stacked on one of my work tables, I continued to piece them together sporadically throughout the week.  I have finished the green stars and now have all my star blocks pieced.





Ready for a change ....... now there is the log courthouse step blocks to make.  I have more cutting to do to prepare for those.  Not in a huge rush as I also want to keep at machine quilting some quilts that are holding all my basting pins hostage.  I havent considered the border yet.  Too much going on right now.

This project is inspired by Smith Mountain Morning created by Bonnie Hunter.  You will find it in her book    Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Scraps & Shirttails II Trunkshow!

I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing with us.


    Sunday  -    Quilting is more fun than Housework...                

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Have yourself a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.



9 comments:

  1. What a feeling of accomplishment you must have had after finishing all of these blocks. Hope your mojo stays so you can get the log cabin blocks done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be gorgeous! Love those blocks. I know how you feel about needing a change because I've really been struggling to finish one of my "lingering" projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks and the colors really pop together. WOW! I can't wait to see how they go together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you're going to continue with the alternate blocks....but I can imagine these gorgeous stars with a skinny sashing and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, Nann. I'll have to toss that idea into EQ and see what transpires.

      Delete
  5. LOVE this!!! they two color ways look so cool next to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Christmas stars! The colors are so vibrant. Looking forward to seeing the alternate blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are going to make a pretty Christmas quilt! I'm not familiar with the original design, so I clicked over to take a look, and it's a neat one. I'll enjoy seeing how you decide to connect the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fast progress you've made on these blocks! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/02/wednesday-wait-loss-339

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!