Sunday, July 16, 2023

Christmas on Smith Mountain - Phase 1

 So, I've started a new project and I can see it will not be a quick one and done.  It is my version of Bonnie Hunters pattern titled Smith Mountain Morning.  You will find Bonnie's post on this pattern  HERE and it is published in her book, Scraps & Shirttails II.

Although you can't tell in my photos,  my pieces are scrappy, cut from 5 different half yards each of reds, greens and silvers plus I tossed in a bright light green and a soft printed white.  I fear there will not be enough leftovers to make a border, but I do know how to remedy that.

I enjoyed using my accuquilt die cutter on this one. It makes piecing so smooth and eliminates the dreaded trimming afterward.  I did take great care to press open the seams on the pinwheel blocks.  They turned out so nice and flat.  You can see in one photo that I kept the seam ripper busy more than once.





I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

                    Sunday  -    Quilting is more fun than Housework...                

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.




5 comments:

  1. Your progress looks great to me. Bonus points for starting an involved pattern. I'm all for easy these days. Hope you make lots more progress on it. Are you hoping to have it done by December?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be a lovely quilt no matter how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colorway is terrific, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - this is going to be so amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when AccuQuilt saves me time! Lovely colors--this will make a perfect Christmas quilt! Lots of pieces but you are off to a great start. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/17/wednesday-wait-loss-337

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!