Sunday, July 9, 2023

Koby 2- flimsy

 I spent some time making a second flimsy from the 24 Karat fabric collection.   There was enough to make an additional crib size.  I added 2 pieces from my stash; one was perfect, the 2nd one, not so much.  I messed up assembly a few times and spent time with the seam ripper.  Finally all together and it measured 60 x 60.  I didn't think a square quilt would be very useful,  so I unstitched one half of the section on both sides and now its back to 43 x 60 and I STILL have leftovers!!  Those are going on the back , for sure!

Nothing is sandwiched or quilted yet, maybe later this month.  Here is my second flimsy, I call Koby 2. This is a quick quilt along at GE Quilt Designs. You can get all the links to the pattern and quilt along in my first post  HERE .


I'm linking up with some favorite sites.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing this week.

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. Koby 2 looks good. I like the size you chose rather than the square. It just seems to be a more useful size. Although I make a square quilts to put on one of the hangers in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet compliment to your original Koby quilt. I agree--square is maybe not as useful. This is a much better size. Love your fabrics! Like you, I'd put the extra blocks on the back and use them up. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/12/wednesday-wait-loss-336

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great one - even with all the unstitching haha!! Its the quilt that keeps giving... Love the color palette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!