Monday, October 2, 2023

Mandala FMQ Along

 The Mandala quilt along was created by Angela Walters at Quilting Is My Therapy.  The qal is finished but you can still get the products  HERE  and  the instruction videos  HERE  .

This was a great panel to free motion quilt on.  Rulers were used only to make smooth stitching on the long archs.  I worked on it steadily until I got to the background, where I stalled because I wanted it to flow with the design and not stitch just an allover filler.

My Mandala finished at 55 x 66.  I used several colors of Glide threads and a Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.  I didn't get a picture of the backing.


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Wishing you a safe and happy weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooo, that's gorgeous, Kat! Your quilting is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the quilting on that is stunning! What a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/04/wednesday-wait-loss-348

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, this quilt is amazing! You did a great job on the quilting. I love Angela's videos. She is so funny. I will be checking those out. Thanks for the link and thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!!! That is amazing!!! Fabulous quilting, Kat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!