Saturday, October 7, 2023

Moda Blockheads 5 - Blocks 3 & 4

 Hmmm.  when you make a long-term project scrappy,  it calls for having alot of fabrics tossed about in your work space.  I am still caught up with this project,  sort of.  I 'm not sold on my choices for block 3, so I'm pretty sure I will be re-doing that one.  It just needs some light background for contrast!

I made block 3 using the paper piecing method;  but for the first time, I sewed next to the paper instead of thru it.  It worked out pretty good.    I made an extra copy of the pattern units to cut apart and use as templates for cutting my fabrics which makes placement easier also.  My paper piecing methods also use many tips from Carol Doak's teachings.



and here is my block 4 which I totally love !  It was super quick with the gocutter and no trimming.



I'm joining these linky parties this week so be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.






8 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used in block 4, pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love my Accuquilt dies for accurate piecing along with easy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are looking good! I've never tried paper-piecing without sewing through the paper - it sounds like a useful technique to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like block 3 and of course, block 4 is pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blocks! Have you tried freezer paper piecing? It's my go-to foundation piecing technique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love my AccuQuilt dies and cutter! Your blocks are both beautiful. Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful! I like the gold and teals together - very southwestern ish

    ReplyDelete
  8. An AccuQuilt cutter makes things so much easier, doesn't it? Love the fabrics you are using in this project--so pretty. I get what you mean about a scrappy project taking over. I tend to keep the fabrics I've used around so I can use them again in another block in the quilt. When possible, I try to corral them all in a single container. That way I can keep my work surface clean while also keeping the fabrics I want to use nearby. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/11/wednesday-wait-loss-349

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!