Thursday, February 16, 2023

Cat Folk - Round 4 - 2023 SAHRR

  If you're wondering what the 2023 SAHRR is .......  you will find all the info at 

Announcing SAHRR 2023 | Quilting Gail

Week 4 link up is ................. here at Anja Quilts.    you have until Sunday to link up this week.


I struggled with my Round 4 today.  I had all the flying geese cut and ready for assembly.  My goal was to get this Round 4 finished today.  I have other deadlines to complete this upcoming week.

So at the end of Round 3, my top was 1/2 inch shy in each direction.  I made 46 flying geese to finish at 2 x 4 inches.  I added a 2 inch top strip to each border to make it a 4 inch finished round.  This brings my top to 48 x 60 inches now.  I struggled all afternoon to get the newly added borders to fit nicely on round 3.  I should have taken in larger seams on the new round but had my mind set to bring it to a proper 48 x 60. 

Remember in the beginning I said it would have to be a miniature?   Ha,  best laid plans of mice and men.

I am liking this quilt anyway and I think it will find a nice home when its done.  These challenges always bring the best out of me.




I'm joining these nice linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.



Starting Monday - The Darling Dogwood

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


11 comments:

  1. I like where it is going!! and XL mini haha!!! I think the quilt spoke to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one keeps on getting bigger! I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the way your used the Hour Glass and Flying Geese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It pays to be flexible. It's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you brought the rusty orange out to this round, Kat! You could stop right here and the quilt top would "read" as finished. I'll be interested to see how you work the coming rounds into your growing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flying geese make a beautiful border, Kat! I continue to love your design and color combinations. No matter what size, this is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you set the FG make for a great border. Great work Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it certainly is not a mini but oh so cute! Looks like you're having such fun. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flying geese border is very cool, love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, can't believe I missed the start of SAHRR! Oh well, now it means I have a lot of great posts to catch up on! Looks good so far and look forward to seeing where this ends up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!