Sunday, February 26, 2023

Cat Folk - Round 5

 This week is winding down Round 5 in the 2023 SAHRR (Stay at Home Round Robin).  This kind of challenge always makes my heart sing.  Sometimes, I get  REALLY  carried away,  as you'll see this week.

  If you're wondering what the 2023 SAHRR is .......  you will find all the info at 

Announcing SAHRR 2023 | Quilting Gail

Here is this weeks link up for Round 5   The Darling Dogwood

So unfortunately,  I spent all week working on Round 5, and its still not finished,  I need to stitch down the appliques on 2 sides, then sew them to the center.  My intended 'miniature' quilt now measures 60 x 72.  Okay, so it's kinda cute.  I really think someone is gonna like it. The majority of my quilts are gifted.  I just keep making them cuz the challenge makes me happy and I have some stash to use along with a couple of really nice Janome machines.  I feel blessed.

 Round 5 ended up being  40 applique blocks on pointe.  Plus I added a touch of applique to Round 3.  Crazy woman,  I don't know how to keep anything simple.  Round 6 is definitely gonna corral it all in. I have a lovely mixed print fabric that works perfectly with the palette.  I hope I find a way to use it here.


If you're looking for Round 6 link up, you'll find it here beginning Monday..............

Quilting Gail | A scrappy quilter and not a perfect quilter

In the meantime, I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful. I'm glad making quilts makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those square in a square blocks look awesome, and there are so many of them!!! Love that you added applique flowers to yours, too! :) It's not a small quilt, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love your addition of applique. Really ties the whole quilt together. Can't wait for the final round. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss, my weekly show and tell linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your square in a square blocks with applique are lovely, Kat! This quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, this is going to be so beautiful when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the part of getting carried away. I certainly did. You've got a beautiful quilt in the works. Hope you've managed to make good progress on round 6.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! it is amazing!!! I like how you got carried away!! made this quilt one of a kind!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!