Monday, February 27, 2023

M and V in Pinks

 This little project is my participation in the 2023 Table Scraps Challenge for February.  You can read all about this challenge  at    The Joyful Quilter: 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge

February's challenge, if you choose to accept it,  is to use the RSC color of the month, this month is pink  and whatever speaks to you with the letters  M and V.  I must admit this can be a tricky challenge.  There is alot that needs to speak to you in order to inspire the project.

I did pull pinks and some purple.  I had a lovely piece of pink with purple accents which I used for the

'V'  as in Vase.  The letter 'M' could be an imaginary maple leaf plant.  I zig zagged around the edge of the appliques and stippled in the background.  The background fabric really is more pink than appears in my photo which was taken indoors.  Pouring rain here in Indiana today.                                              It measures  10 3/4 by 20 1/2.


I'm linking up with  these parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing today.

               The Joyful Quilter: February 2023 - ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge - Link Party

 Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Saturday  -  soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)


I wish you a safe and happy weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, a wonderful piece for both the challenges. Clever and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great Kat! It is pretty and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this one was hard! But you sure did it. Very creative. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell linkup, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful interpretation of the prompt, Kat!! Thanks for your participation in the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge. Have fun with B and/or U for March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, love your creativity with turning the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh awesome interpretation!!! and I love those color together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!