My goodness it does take some time to cut your chips from the scrapbins..... much longer than it took to sew them together. Following along with Soscrappys Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC), I cut from the yellow and purple bins. What a treat to get the colors for Aug and Sept and look how these two colors play so well together.
This lil quilt is made from 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 " chips. I only made 4 blocks. I hope to finish it up this week. Looking up close, I really didnt like it and tried to analyze what I didnt like about it. Was there too many different fabrics or were there too many light, med and darks? Maybe the yellows should have been a softer tone or just one or two fabrics.? Maybe the purples should just be med and darks? If I stand back far enough, I like it.
I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week. Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.
Wishing you a happy and creative week. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm sorry you don't like this one, Kat, because I think it's beautiful! The yellow and purple are so pretty together. The yellow sections make the purple center stand out!
ReplyDeleteFrom my view, it is a stunning block. Sometimes we are too close to our work to see how pretty our designs are! The yellow is the perfect accent to the purple!
ReplyDeleteI love the block! The purples & yellows play together nicely for a fun design.
ReplyDeleteI like it...
ReplyDeleteYellow and purple look great together. Potato chip quilts are very addictive. I have made 7 of them!
ReplyDeletePurple and yellow are lovely together. I can see how the close up view could give you pause. There is quite the variety of scale in the prints. Of course, that is what gives it character and scrappy look.
ReplyDeleteHi Kat, I think your lil quilt looks great - I like the middle yellow around the purple and then surrounded by more purple. Thanks so much for linking up to I Quilted This!
ReplyDeleteI think once it is quilted you will like it. Seems we all like it:)
ReplyDeleteYour lil quilt is beautiful, Kat! Purple and yellow looks good together. When I'm not happy with a block or quilt, my DH always tells me to view it from a distance, not closeup. It has changed my opinion many times.
ReplyDeleteIt’s gorgeous, Kat, and certainly not the usual fare! I’m sure enjoying playing with this shaped piece lately, but you’re right - if you need to cut them from scraps, they do take forever. I was lucky to have hundreds of them donated to me as “seeds”!
ReplyDeleteI like it! I hope that you grow to like it more too. I'd love to have you join my weekly party, Sew & Tell. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great quilt. Sometimes scrappy can be overwhelming. But I am sure who ever gets this one will love it. I like the purples and yellows together.
ReplyDeleteKat, I really love this one. It is bright and bold! And I really love purples and yellows together. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I'm a purple girl so this is simply wonderful to me. Great way to use up scraps. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/12/wednesday-wait-loss-497
I didn't even go look to see what the color was this month. Shame on me as yellow is my favorite color. I'm going to pull out the scrap bin now!
ReplyDeleteI think it's great. Yes, scrap quilts take longer. Always.
ReplyDeletehmmm I like it!! the photo shows all the pretty purples and yellows so well. FUn blocks!
ReplyDeleteI like it, and the yellow and purple really do play well with each other. Very cute!
ReplyDelete