I changed the name of my Dresden Gardens project to Fanciful Garden, because I am making fans instead of dresdens, simply to keep it easier for attaching to the quilt top.
Here is a photo of the background put together from collecting batiks that would appear gradated. This is my canvas for applying all the fans and accessories.
Last week I made a few fanciful flowers and spent some time experimenting with methods to dress it up before attaching to the quilt top.
Here is the first fan made with pretty blues. I truly thought I had gone overboard dressing it up and quilting it to death, as they say. We had a sew day at church yesterday. I brought this sample with me to get another quilter friends' opinion. She immediately loved it and convinced me not to scrap it, but to continue with these design elements.
And so, here it is to share with you all. I will not be offended if you offer alternate opinions and design ideas. I welcome them all !
When I stitched the arcs with the gold thread, it didn't show up alot, so I went over it 2 more times. I intend to apply white jumbo ric rac on the outside edge before applying to the quilt top. I need to visit the store to get a supply of ric rac.
This is the back, just so you can see all the stitching. It will not be visible after the fan is applied to the quilt top.
I'm linking up with Susan of Quiltfabrication and Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts. Be sure to visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing today.
I did some piecing from the pink scrap bins ...... (9) - 20 triangles blocks (hidden gems) ; 55 pink hourglass blocks and 23 silver/cream hourglass blocks for the separating borders. I will add these to the building WIP collections for Bonnie Hunter's Hourglass Quilt and the Hidden Gems quilt.
I'm linking up with Angela of Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018
and on Sunday with Cynthia for Oh Scrap.. Be sure to visit these great sites to see what others are sharing today.