I needed a baby quilt to gift for a baby girl soon so I quilted up this top that was shared back in September and has been sitting pin basted on my table for a couple months. This was a kit that I gathered from stash last December. I am a bit behind in my Quilt 4 Kids project - I prepared 20 kits and still have 4 remaining to do.
I have been off the machine quilting circuit these last 2 weeks ….. making Christmas stockings. I've made 10 stocking bodies, 6 are finished with cuffs and names 'manually' embroidered with the satin stitch. We've had several new dogs join our family this year and these stockings are for them. I put the names on both sides of the cuff so they could face either direction. The names that once were typical for dogs way back when .... seems to have changed. I feel like I cheated by replacing patchwork stockings with a pretty fabric print. That helped it get done faster as I got to it so late in the year.