Nearly finished my first dream big panel. added these borders, a free pattern HERE.
Learned so much free motion quilting while playing on this panel--techniques from Amy Johnson, Angela Walters and Natalia Bonner videos. Thank you, ladies for such amazing instruction and encouragement. It has been a wonderful journey.
So this first panel, the aqua version, is 'nearly' done. I was waiting to get the dark thread to finish in a few corners of the panel and also still need to find the perfect shade of fabric for the binding. After all this work, I wouldn't want to finish off with an unsightly binding. I also must remember to arc off the 4 corners before attaching binding. It helps to keep the bed quilts from dragging and tripping you up.
I used a high-loft poly batting and a few shades of Glide thread to emphasize the quilting, done on my AQ16 sit-down machine. It measures 80 x 90 .
and I always go to the back first …..
I'm joining several linky parties this week …………..Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing this week.
This past week I worked on piecing parts to several projects. I took my precut units for this project to a sew day at church, working with my travel machine. Ugh. It did not go nicely, but once I got home, my good machine made smooth work of all the unfinished units.
Here is block 2 units for the yellow/gold version - making the 8 panel size.
Here is block 2 for the cool version; blues, purples, greens = making 12 panels pulled from scraps.
It's been a long road. I can finally share the Dresden Garden quilt. It was replicated from a photo of a similar quilt. That quilt had an ombre fabric backing, so I suspected it was no larger than 40 inches square. My Dresden Garden quilt needed to fit nicely on a queen size bed.
It was started June 2018. It is now finished. It measures 92 by 106. The background was created with 10 different shades of batiks to resemble the ombre effect. It was quilted with Hobbs 80/20 batting. The appliques were all individually quilted, then stitched onto the background layer. The dresdens all have jumbo white ric rac stitched around the center and the outer layers. I had prepared a white picket fence to put on the bottom edge, but ran out of room to place it. This was a huge endeavor for me. I quilted it on my Artistic Quilter 16 hand-guided, sit-down machine.
.I'm joining these linky parties this week. Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.
Monday - Small Quilts and Doll Quilts