Saturday, January 17, 2015

RSC15 Sampler - January blues

The rainbow color for January is medium blues.  12" stars will each have a 6" sampler block in the center square.  I didn't want to do the card trick block, so I created a substitution.  I think it goes by several names, indian hatchet or arrowhead ? and also the " O "  version of the X's and O's pattern.




I'm holding out for the specs on the alternating blocks. I considered creating my own version, but I see the colors change within the block, to associate with it's neighboring color, so I'm trying to be patient.  In the meantime, I'm linking up with Angela at Soscrappy where other creative quilters are showing off their scrappy rainbow blocks.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Both of your alternatives are wonderful. I like the airy feel of the first and the movement around the circle in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are great! I am trying to be patient about the alternate blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondeerful blocks. I think quilting is all about being patient. It usually always works out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blocks - I love blue, and yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely--especially like that Hatchet inside of the star...i am still cleaning out! The more i clean the more I find! Yikes--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful blocks... love your variations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing wrong with doing your own thing! It's all about using up scraps and it looks like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deciding on settings is hard... LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely color choices. A great start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty blocks! Yes. A good start : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!