Monday, March 30, 2015

CCQ # 17 - Quick Strippy

Here is another what I would term 'quilt in a day' pattern.  This one is called the Quick Strippy - a pattern found at www.maryquilts.com.  Mary shares a lot of free patterns there.  I had a piece of fleece donated from my quilt club, to use for backing, so I altered the size of Mary's pattern to fit this piece of fleece.

You can finish more comfort quilts when you choose patterns that let the fabric do all the work.  This little quilt is 37 x 44.



Be sure to visit my  CCQ  page to see all my charity comfort quilts.

I'm linking up with:       Judy at Patchwork Times    

                                     Connie at Freemotion By The River  

                                         and         Quilt Story

 I hope you'll visit these sites to enjoy many more creative quilters and their projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. I've used Mary's patterns on several occassions - funny, I have this one paged for a quilt in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice strippy. I, too, have used Mary's pattern as a starting point. I chose to make it narrower also because I want to fit the quilt on one width of backing fabric. I love how fast it was to sew it up. Now to unearth backing fabric though, that may take a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great quick quilt and you're right, it would work well for a fun focal fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice little quilt! That was smart to alter the pattern to size. This would be a great pattern for large-scale prints too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!